Garden House Charity Auction
Posted:16 July 2017
Visit the garden Sunday 23 July for our fantastic fund-raising event this year we are raising money for local charity, Circles Network, Saturday Club. The club is a project providing short breaks for adults of all ages with learning disabilities or difficulties. Entirely self-funding, it has been supporting people in the Lewes District for over 25 years and now is open to a wide range of members needing different levels of support.
As usual, the Garden House will be holding an amazing auction (starts 3pm), with all proceeds going to the charity.
We will also have a variety of stalls selling plants, garden-related items and crafts, and will be serving food all afternoon so drop in for lunch or for tea and a slice of homemade cake.
Opening Time: 11-6pm.
Entrance: £2.50 / Children FREE
Location: The Garden House, 5 Warleigh Road, Brighton BN1 4NT
Please come along and support this very worthwhile charity.
AUCTION LOTS GARDEN HOUSE CHARITY DAY 2017:
- 2 night stay in a lovely one bedroom flat in Vincent Square London (near Victoria Station and Embankment, and home of the Royal Horticultural Halls)
- Summer’s not over use of a beach hut for a weekend at Hove Lagoon plus bottle of bubbly!
- Use of a beach hut in Saltdean for a weekend plus breakfast for 2 at Whitecliffs café
- Lunch for two at Brighton’s delightful Café Rust
- Bottle of single malt whisky (1993)
- Tea and homemade cake at the lovely 1 Rose Cottage, Golden Cross (opens for NGS)
- 2 tickets for Mamma Mia at the Brighton Centre on Tuesday August 15th
- Get fit 2 personal training sessions!
- Start playing the piano – 1x piano lesson
- Brush up your Spanish – 3x 30min conversation lessons
- Brush up your German – 2x language lessons
- 2 tickets for Alison Moyet at the Dome Wednesday 8th November (min £100)
- Meal for 2 at Chin Chin, Brighton’s coolest Italian bar/restaurant
- Meal for 2 at Rick Stein’s new restaurant in Barnes, London, plus a bottle of house wine
- Glyndebourne performance of Don Pasquale – 2x good standing tickets
- Visit the wonderful Sussex Prairies garden – 2x tickets with tea and cake
- Garden House Friday Group – one morning’s gardening by around 20 keen gardeners! (one garden only, min £300)
- 2 hours of pruning by an RHS level 2 qualified gardener
- Get planting box of herbaceous perennials
- Ceramic platter-making workshop – 3x 2 hour sessions for 3 people with local ceramicist
- Delightful framed watercolour print by local artist Mary Middleton
- Beautiful hand-dyed silk scarf
- After all that unwind with a hot stone massage!